Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Year?

I can't believe that it's been almost a year since I've updated.

I take that back. I can absolutely believe it. I've had no time over the last 11 months for costuming, but I'm very happy to say that I'm back!

I'm currently at work on two things: finishing Daenerys (poor, neglected khaleesi) and beginning a new challenge.

I tend to overspend when I'm crafting. The thing is that I'm broke right now, and I would like to change my habits anyway. Thus, I'm challenging myself to stick to $40 for my newest adventure (and one of my cosplay dreams!): Final Fantasy XIII's Lightning.


Lightning is going to mean some magical adventures to Goodwill, but I really think I can make it work. Of course, that means wig, boots, supplies, and gunblade (weapon) all for $40 or less.

I've already got a turtleneck that I'll be re-purposing, and I may have a skirt. I'm also toying with the idea of cutting up an old prom dress to make the cape. Either way, I'll keep you updated on my adventures.

As for Daenerys, I just dyed the top today. Once it dries, I'll do the detail stitching on it. Then, I'm going to weather the skirt. The biggest challenge for Dany will be styling the wig, as I have no experience doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment