Sunday, September 18, 2011

Adieu, l'été!

I had a wonderful crafternoon yesterday with Nora and Liz. Nora's in the process of making a Commander Shepard costume out of foam - I don't even know what type of foam to call it - and it's coming along splendidly. Seriously, it's going to be amazing. She got a bit more of that done yesterday, and I worked on Dany, of course. She's looking marvelous. I'm going to declare the cord that hooks my camera to my computer officially lost at home (meaning, not here at school), so I'm still unable to post WIP shots for you. I think I'll head over to Best Buy later and get another one, because this is simply unacceptable. Anyway, I did most of the work on the braiding around the top part of the halter, which I was petrified to start for some reason. I was convinced it was going to come out looking awful no matter what I did, so I didn't want to touch it. Something about crafting with someone else around to reassure me, though, makes me far more confident and ready to dive into things. So, with the help of my dearest Nora, I did. And it worked out!

Since I've got no pictures for you today, I thought I would write out a list that I've been wanting to do for some time. It's my definitive to-cosplay list, in order of what I'm most anxious to do right now and what I think can wait because I'll always be excited about doing it:

Liara T'Soni (Mass Effect/2) - Nora and I are going to ACEN in the spring with our kicking ME costumes.
Elena Fisher (Uncharted) - I'm already at work on this one.
Lightning (Final Fantasy XII) - Yes, everyone is cosplaying Lightning, but I really don't care. I love her.
Lightning (Final Fantasy XII-2) - After the sequel comes out in the spring, this costume will be everywhere.
Rikku (Final Fantasy X) - She was going to be my very first cosplay, but it didn't happen. Happening now.
Anne Shirley (Anne of Green Gables) - Anne is brilliant. And I know nothing about clothing from this period.
Rapunzel (Tangled) - Again, everyone is doing it, but I'm just so in love with Punzie.
Snow White (historically accurate) - This series of artwork is so stunning. While Snow White is not my favorite Disney princess, I adore this artist's rendition. I can't wait to try my hand at it.
Briar Rose (Sleeping Beauty) - She's my favorite Disney princess. Of course I'll need to do every version.
Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) - Make it BLUE!
Rikku- White Mage (Final Fantasy X-2)
Ashe (FFXII) - My favorite Final Fantasy game; a beautiful costume.
Android 18 (DragonBall Z) - An easy costume from one of my favorite shows.
Rikku- Warrior (Final Fantasy X-2)

I would also like to do an original Daenerys cosplay based off book descriptions rather than off the television show. Anyway, there's the list.

I'm off to enjoy some more of this lovely fall weather before it decides to get hot again.

No comments:

Post a Comment